We are UBC's shared platform for researchers working with Risk Group 3 pathogens. We offer access and services to three different laboratories.
As a full-service facility we provide:
- expert advice for safety protocols;
- access and services for academic projects (industry projects will be accepted in the near future);
- training and guidance.
The Facility for Infectious Disease and Epidemic Research (FINDER) is a UBC shared research platform funded in part by the Faculty of Medicine, Genome BC and the Office of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation.
The FINDER Steering Committee members provide advice to VPRI and to staff, ensure good governance and explore future needs of the platform.
- Bintou Ahidjo, Research Platform Manager
- Yossef Av-Gay, Professor, Representative of the Life Sciences Institute
- Helen Burt, Associate VP Research & Innovation Office
- Lindsay Eltis, Professor, Scientific Advisor
- Marie-Claude Fortin, Shared Research Facilities Manager, VP Research & Innovation Office
- Marc Horwitz, Professor, Representative, Faculty of Science
- Eric Jan, Professor, Representative, Faculty of Medicine
- Ian Welch, Director, Animal Care Services
Research Services Team
- Dr. Bintou Ahidjo, Research Platform Manager
- Dean Airey, Senior Technician
- Andrea Bernardo, Technician